Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Spirit

I think not. I wasn't totally feeling the holidays this year. My children's present totals weren't that high. I know thats not the point of Christmas, but seriously, what else do people have Christmas for? (dysfunctional) Family gatherings? Sure, there's that. But what did you really think of Christmas as when you were young? I word... Presents. Waking up at the ass crack of dawn and running downstairs to see what wonderful gifts the big fat man in the red suit had brought. That's what Christmas is all about!

Christmas Eve was good. I had to work, who works on Christmas Eve? I DO! Then we went to my parents house, waited about 2 1/2 hours for dinner to get done, and opened presents. I already knew most of what I was getting; clothes, printer, and a purse. I wasn't expecting to get 12 towels, and washcloths, which are always greatly appreciated. Hubby got a $150 gift card to Cabelas, which was great, because he spends way too much money there as it is. My children made out like bandits, as always. They were happy! That's all I care about. My son would have rather ate popcorn balls all night instead of open presents.

Later came Christmas Eve at our house. The kids went to bed around 9:00. We waited for about an hour to make sure the 'dreams of sugar plums danced in their heads'. Then we started. It took us 4 trips up & down the to bring the over abundance of presents up the basement stairs. Not enough presents? I think not. Spoiled rotten children. 'Santa' was very good to them this year. Then for the wrapping... 2 hours of it to be exact. Cutting, taping, folding, and name tagging. Great.

The look on my daughters face was priceless. She wasn't even all the way down the stairs when she seen the presents overflowing from under the tree. It really was remarkable.

Photobucket
It's amazing how much credit 'Santa' gets for all the hard work us parents go through to please our children. Shoot, this year all we got our kids were boring ole' clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment